Simala Church

Going to Simala Church has been in my wish list for a very long time. i first knew about this church when i took my licensure exam in cebu city in 2008. my friends who were also taking the exam that time invited us to come with her to light a candle for the exam in simala church because it is well known to be miraculous..but i wasnt a believer during that time so i didnt go.

When i got my first job in Lifecebu, the teacher who was previously occupying my room drooped by to get some of her things and told me stories about it. In fact, she and her boyfriend who was diagnosed of having leukemia was devoting their time to go there for some miracles to shine upon them. a week later, she came back and showed me a picture of which she had taken from the shrine. it was her and her boyfriend with the church at their back. she said there was a sign in the picture. i couldnt see what she was talking about until she turn her cellphone upside down. to my shock, the clouds formed Jesus Christ's figure!!!

That's when i started believing.. I promised that i would visit it one of those days but it wasnt able to do it. for some reasons, i couldnt find a time to go there so i would just look at it from the window of the bus i was on going home to bacolod city.

And last Saturday, all my frustrations of going there has finally come to an end! Thank you Lord for helping me keep my promise after all these years..
taken from the entrance of the church. it was so huge that it looked like a castle in the mountain.
this is Mama Mary's giant figure
i didnt have enough time to fall in line to the front stair so i decided to just take the steps beside the church . i was basically just following the stream of people because i was afraid id be lost if go on my own.
i bought some of these too. for karylle kat and yvette. but i wonder  if i ever remember giving  them those.jijiji!
after lighting green, white and black candles, i sat and bid a short prayer for my exam, for enlightenment and forgiveness of the souls of my loved ones who passed away
so exhausted..
i was trying to take pictures of the line i wanted to join when i first came.  it's just 1/3 of the people because there were also people falling in line at my back going to the other stairs...
see how long the line was?

the 3pm sunlight was just blinding. i couldalmost pop my eye bags
i have to leave the earliest time possible or else i would have to spend the night in one of the inns in dumaguete just in case i miss my bus..

Bye for now, Mama Mary. i will go here next year as part of my panata and this time i intend to do it..

No comments: